Golf Course Rules & Regulations
THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO’S EIGHT GOLF FACILITIES ARE MANAGED AND ARE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A NON-PROFIT 501 C (3) CORPORATION NAMED THE MUNICIPAL GOLF ASSOCIATION SAN ANTONIO (dba THE ALAMO CITY GOLF TRAIL or ACGT). BY THE CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT, THE ACGT IS THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE EIGHT CITY OF SAN ANTONIO FACILITIES. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE ACGT HAS ESTABLISHED THE RULES AND REGULATIONS TO PROTECT ITS FACILITIES AND AMENITIES AND TO PROMOTE THE SAFETY, HEALTH, AND WELFARE OF ITS GUESTS.
The golf course managers and superintendents (or his or her designated personnel), acting under the supervision of the President & CEO, have the responsibility for all matters relating to play on the golf courses. The course managers, the golf shop personnel, and the course rangers are empowered to enforce all golf course rules and regulations.
- It should be understood that guests play the golf course at their own risk. We do not require players to come in when there is a threat of lightning.
- Every guest is expected to have a reasonable knowledge of the game of golf prior to the purchase of a green fee round. All guests should be familiar with the rules and etiquette of golf outlined in the USGA rules of golf.
- The ACGT is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items on golf course property and not responsible for any injuries incurred during play.
- Any customer that would like to communicate with the ACGT can call the corporate office or go to our website (alamocitygolftrail.com) and email us with their concerns.
- If a group fails to keep its place on the course and loses their position in relationship to their tee time, it must allow the following groups to play through, while working on improving the position on the golf course (pace of play).
- All players must register at the golf counter before the start of play. Tee times are taken seven days a week. Only Level II, and Die Hard Members are allowed to book 8 days in advance and are limited to only one tee time per Member.
- Walk-ups will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis. Singles and twosomes have no standing on the course and are permitted to tee off only at the discretion of the golf counter or starter. We reserve the right to prohibit any non-playing walker or rider from being on the course. Singles should not be allowed to tee off before noon on weekends.
- All players must have their own set of clubs and golf bag (or must rent clubs from the ACGT).
- All players in the group must have registered at the golf counter and have their green fee receipt. The ACGT reserves the right to assign players to a group in an effort to fill foursomes, no five-some will be permitted on Saturday or Sunday before 12pm. Five-somes are permitted at the discretion of the Golf Course Manager. The group should agree that if they are falling behind pace they will be split up.
- Jogging, bicycling, recreational walking, and walking or exercising pets, is not permitted on any course when the golf courses are open due to safety and liability reasons.
- Personal coolers are not permitted at any of our courses and all food & beverage items on the course must be purchased from the concessions provided by the golf course.
- All play begins off the first tee unless otherwise directed by the golf staff. The golf course marshal has full authority on the golf course to enforce all rules and the speed of play.
- Children under the age of 4 are not allowed on the courses due to safety concerns.
- Players can have only one ball in play during their round. Practice on the course is prohibited and guests must use designated areas to practice.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only.
- No sleeveless shirts for men, nor bathing suits for women.
- In the case of excessive rain, or any lightning, rain checks will be given on a prorated basis based upon the number of holes played. There will be no rain checks issued for loyalty point rounds or "punch" card rounds.
- No Pets Allowed.
Golf Cart Policy
The Alamo City Golf Trail reserves its rights to restrict/direct golf cart traffic on all golf facilities. We have implemented GPS “geofencing” at all our facilities to limit cart access to sensitive areas or as conditions warrant. This policy ensures that we can continue to provide the best possible playing conditions by preventing damage to the course and safety for customers.
Please understand that golf cart traffic may adversely affect turf as well as playability. We appreciate your cooperation in using and exercising good judgment. Any use of carts off the cart path is at your own risk and any problems or injuries resulting from such use are the golfer’s responsibility. For safety reasons, we strongly discourage the use of the golf cart on severe slopes or through tall grass areas. Natural, un-mowed areas may be designated as environmentally sensitive; please avoid these areas with the golf cart.
Carts will not be allowed inside any roped off areas. Course staff reserve the right to restrict all cart traffic in the rare instances when moisture, new turf, or other weather related, or maintenance-related conditions create a safety issue or instances which would result in cart traffic causing damage to the course. On such days, the course in its entirety, or specific holes will be designated “Cart Path Only”. Par 3 holes are considered Cart Path Only, at all times.
Golf Cart Rules
- The use of private golf carts and unauthorized vehicles is prohibited on golf course property. A private cart is defined as a vehicle with 2 or more wheels that has a seat.
- Carts must be rented from the pro-shop.
- If an additional cart is needed for a spectator, a cart fee will apply per spectator riding in the cart.
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate golf carts.
- Please observe all cart path signs and GPS geofencing.
- Carts are to be kept at least 25 yards from greens and tees and must remain on the cart path on par 3’s and around teeing areas.
- Golf carts are to be used on the course only and must be returned to the clubhouse upon completion of play
- A maximum of two people, including small children, are allowed to ride in a golf cart.
- Children ages 7 to 12 must never be left in a golf cart by themselves.
- Golfers should always exercise caution when parking carts near ponds and waterways.
- Please ensure that parking brakes are set.
- Golfers are asked to report any cart malfunctions immediately.
- When operating a cart, operators assume all risks and shall be liable for any and all damages sustained to person, property and/or cart in their operation
Persons with Disabilities Designation
Golfers with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA,) may request clubhouse staff members for use of an ADA designated golf cart. These carts allow a golfer to access restricted areas around greens and bunkers as course conditions warrant. Golfers using the ADA designated carts are permitted to drive to within 30 feet of the greens, not to include collars and areas between greens and greenside bunkers/ponds/streams. Note: This does not include par 3 holes.
Violation of our golf cart policies may result in suspension of golf privileges.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US: (210) 212-7572
The Alamo City Golf Trail is committed to ensuring that our staff and guests enjoy an environment of mutual respect. As such, the Alamo City Golf Trail will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment at its facilities.